The Hampton County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to the principle that all persons in Hampton County will be provided equal protection under the laws of this state, and the federal government as well as any ordinances set forth by the Hampton County Council. It is the goal of our office to treat all victims of crime with compassion and respect, ensuring that their dignity is maintained and to promote healing of the suffering they may have endured. No victim of crime will be turned away for any reason or discriminated against based on sex, race, religion, social or economic status, sexual orientation, age, or mental or physical disability.
Some of the services our Investigators provide:
- Provide emotional and moral support.
- Identify and inform victims of their rights under the law.
- Conduct on the scene crisis intervention.
- Act as a liaison between victim, police officers, investigators, and community-based agencies.
- Arrange for professional counseling and support groups.
- Provide information and referral.
- Educate law enforcement and victims of new law pertaining to specific victimization such as domestic violence.
- Provide applications and information to victims concerning South Carolina Crime Victims' Compensation; explain purpose, procedures, and policies, and assist in completion of forms.
- Intervene on behalf of victims with creditors, employers, etc...upon request.
- Help prepare victims for court and provide court advocacy and accompaniment.
- Provide information regarding current status of case.
- Provide information on rights, services and procedures if a victim or witness is harassed or threatened.